To upload YouTube shorts using a PC of course there are various things that need to be considered because YouTube shorts use aspect ratios with portrait dimensions while on PCs, they tend to have landscape dimensions of videos because they follow the device screen.
Actually, how to upload shorts on YouTube is no different from uploading regular videos. However, the concern is the process when we make shorts video is correct or not. Because if the video we make doesn’t have characteristics of a shorts video then YouTube will detect it as a regular video.
YouTube Shorts Video Requirements
- Video with portrait dimensions in terms of aspect ratio
- Videos are 1-60 seconds duration (better less than 60 seconds)
- Video quality can be 240p, 360p, 720p, 1080p, and so on
After knowing the requirements of shorts video that meet YouTube standards, it is time for you to create shorts video using your favorite video editor. Here I will give you an example of how to make shorts video using Wondershare Filmora Video Editor software.
Wondershare Filmora Video Editor has its own settings to be used in making shorts video, making it easier for us to make shorts video. Before we upload shorts videos to YouTube using PC, here we provide a little guide on how to make shorts on PC using Wondershare Filmora Video Editor.
How to Make Shorts Video on PC
1) Open Wondershare Filmora Video Editor software.
2) Set the aspect ratio for your video to portrait mode. The trick is to click the screen icon on the right, then select “Change Project Aspect Ratio” > then select the “9:16 (Portrait)” option.
3) After that you can add some media such as images, videos, sounds, and so on, make sure the duration of the video you create is no more than 1 minute. You can see the position of the timeline to measure the duration of your video.
4) After your video is finished, you can export the video through the “Export” menu > fill your video name, location of the conversion result, and other settings, then click “Export” button.
5) When finished, you should check your video first before uploading, whether there is anything left behind or not. Once the video is correct, follow these guidelines to upload your shorts on YouTube.
How to Upload YouTube Shorts From PC
1) Login to your YouTube dashboard at https://youtube.com/dashboard.
2) Click “Create” button in the top right corner, then select “Upload videos“.
3) Select the video file you created earlier, then click “Open“.
4) Fill in the details of your video completely and accordingly, starting from the Details, Video elements, Check, and Visibility tabs. Then don’t forget so that your shorts video can be watched by everyone, select “Public” on the Visibility tab, then if everything is correct click the Publish button.
5) If you check through your smartphone should your video be detected as shorts, here you can see the screenshot below.
That’s a tutorial on how to make shorts on PC and at the same time upload shorts using a PC.
Pros of Shorts Video
- Videos are short and tend to be entertainment
- Video according to the smartphone screen (portrait)
- Easily create shorts videos
Cons of Shorts Video
- Not suitable for informative videos/guides/tutorials
- Cannot be rotated to the maximum in landscape
- Viewers on YouTube aren’t too familiar with shorts video
Are shorts video a maximum of 60 seconds duration?
Yes, until this article is written the criteria for shorts video on Youtube is a maximum of 60 seconds, just in case the duration of the video is excessive, it is better to be less than 60 seconds, for example, make it 55 seconds.
Can shorts video be monetized?
So far, shorts videos have not been able to be monetized like landscape videos on YouTube, but there is a possibility that in the future they will be able to be monetized. However, the current owner of shorts videos is also rewarded by YouTube if he meets certain criteria.
What video editor is suitable to use to make shorts video on PC?
You can use any video editor software, the most important thing is that you make videos in portrait size and not landscape, if you are confused you can try software like Wondershare Filmora Video Editor.