Google Docs is one of the popular tools to be used in creating a piece of writing, be it scientific writing or ordinary article writing. For writers, of course, it is very important to know the number of words they have typed in the document, including if using Google Docs. By default Google Docs does not show a description of how many words have been typed.
Google Docs actually not only has a feature to display the number of words, but there are also for the number of characters, the number of pages, and also the number of characters without spaces. Then how to enable the feature to display the number of words in Google Docs? Follow the guide below.
How to Check Word Count on Google Docs
- Open Google Docs and create a document in the https://docs.google.com/document.
- To display the number of words, the number of characters, and the number of pages, please click the Tools > Word Count menu.
- Check the option “Display word count while typing“. Then click “OK“.
- After that in the bottom left corner of your screen will display the number of words. As you type a word and add to it this information will also be updated. You can choose the number of words, the number of characters, or the number of pages you want to display live by selecting them on the arrows.
Function of displaying the number of words in Google Docs
- For authors this would be helpful to know the number of words they have generated based on the targets they want to achieve.
- It will be easy to identify when changes occur to the document, for example accidentally deleting a text.
That’s a quick guide on how to enable the feature to display word count on Google Docs. You can also see a guide on how to display the number of words in Google Docs in the following video.
How to Check Word Count on Google Docs in Video
You can watch the steps on how to check the word count in Google Docs through the following video.